News n.: 22451
Fonte: CORDIS - PROJECTS del 14/07/2010
Tipo informazione: RISULTATO
Future software-intensive systems, such as sensor networks, power grids, satellite and robot swarms, will generally exhibit a number of characteristic features:
- Massive numbers of nodes, nodes with complex behavior, or complex interactions between nodes.
- Operation in open and non-deterministic environments with variable network topology.
- Need for adaptation, e.g., to changing environments and requirements.
We call this future generation of software-intensive systems ensembles. The potentially huge impact - both positive and negative - of ensembles means that we need to understand ways to reliably and predictably model, design, and program them.
Although there is a lot of research in this area, so far no theoretically well-founded technique for building ensembles exists. The goal of the ASCENS project is to develop such a method and to demonstrate its feasibility in three important application domains: robot swarms, cloud computing and e-mobility.
Start date: 2010-10-01
End date: 2014-09-30
Duration: 48 months
Project Reference: 257414
Project cost: 7.21 million euro
Project Funding: 5.3 million euro
Subprogramme Area: ICT-2009.8.5 Self-Awareness in Autonomic Systems
Contract type: Collaborative project (generic)
Coordinatore: LUDWIG-MAXIMILIANS-UNIVERSITAET MUENCHEN - GERMANY - WIRSING Martin
- ZIMORY GMBH - GERMANY
- UNIVERSITE LIBRE DE BRUXELLES - BELGIUM
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI MODENA E REGGIO EMILIA - ITALY
- UNIVERSITA DI PISA - ITALY
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI FIRENZE - ITALY
- UNIVERSITY OF LIMERICK - IRELAND
- ECOLE POLYTECHNIQUE FEDERALE DE LAUSANNE - SWITZERLAND
- UNIVERSITE JOSEPH FOURIER GRENOBLE 1 - FRANCE
- FRAUNHOFER-GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V - GERMANY
- VOLKSWAGEN AG - GERMANY
|Quadro di finanziamento||
|Area di interesse||