- CORDIS - PROJECTS 09/04/2008
The DORII project aims to deploy e-Infrastructure for new scientific communities, where on the one hand the ICT technology is still not present at the appropriate level, but on the other hand it is demanded to empower its daily work. We deal with a group of scientific users, and this is a reference for DORII, with experimental equipment and instrumentation that are not integrated or integrated only partially with the European infrastructure.
The DORII is focusing on the following selected scientific areas:
- earthquake community, with various sensor networks
- environmental science community
- experimental science community, with synchrotron and free electron lasers.
The scientific communities represented by the project are well recognised and organised even in the industry area represented by SME. This means the organisations are members of bigger consortia which deal with similar topics mentioned above but also focus on research aiming to have a better experimental environment. The IT technology is provided by partners who have recognised the initial requirements of the scientific communities and will deliver the functionality (adopted to new users requirements) developed in projects which had a focus on accessing remote instrumentation (GRIDCC, RINGrid), on interactivity (int.eu.grid), on software frameworks for application developers (g-Eclipse) and advanced networking technologies (GN2) with EGEE based middleware.
The experience gained in these projects, in co-operation with end users allows us to expect a positive result of integrating applications with the existing and future e-Infrastructure. The standardisation and knowledge transfer is planned to be done via e-IRG and OGF research group established by us giving added value of interoperability and sustainability of DORII.
The DORII consortium capitalised its previous experience and knowledge and is going to use it in the current project, making significantly lower any possible risks occurrence.
Start date: 2008-02-01
End date: 2010-07-31
Duration: 30 months
Project Reference: 213110
Project cost: 3601689 EURO
Project Funding: 2850000 EURO
Contract type: No contract type
Coordinatore: INSTYTUT CHEMII BIOORGANICZNEJ PAN W POZNANIU - POZNAN POLSKA - Cegielka, Agnieszka
- UNIVERSIDAD DE CANTABRIA - SANTANDER ESPAÑA
- JOHANNES KEPLER UNIVERSITAT LINZ* - LINZ ÖSTERREICH
- ISTITUTO NAZIONALE DI OCEANOGRAFIA E DI GEOFISICA SPERIMENTALE - SGONICO (TS) ITALIA
- ECOHYDROS SL - CAMARGO ESPAÑA
- GREEK RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY NETWORK S.A. - ATHINA HELLAS
- SINCROTRONE TRIESTE SOCIETA CONSORTILE PER AZIONI - BASOVIZZA - TRIESTE ITALIA
- CONSEJO SUPERIOR DE INVESTIGACIONES CIENTIFICAS - MADRID ESPAÑA
- CONSORZIO NAZIONALE INTERUNIVERSITARIO PER LE TELECOMUNICAZIONI - PARMA ITALIA
- CENTRO EUROPEO DI FORMAZIONE E RICERCA IN INGEGNERIA SISMICA - PAVIA ITALIA
- UNIVERSITAET STUTTGART - STUTTGART DEUTSCHLAND
|Quadro di finanziamento||
|Area di interesse||