- CORDIS - PROJECTS 07/10/2009
The Initial Training Network - Language, Cognition, and Gender (ITN LCG) investigates European languages from an interdisciplinary perspective to expand current knowledge of how language influences and forms the cognitive representations of women and men. The diversity of Europe offers a unique opportunity to investigate the impact of language and culture in establishing and maintaining gender inequality.
This issue has not yet been systematically addressed on a large scale, although the reduction of gender inequality is generally considered an important issue within Europe. Therefore, ITN LCG will provide a structured interdisciplinary research training programme for young researchers in the emerging supra-disciplinary field of language, cognition, and gender to enhance the scientific understanding of this topic and improve the quality of initial research training in Europe. For the first time, these lines of research will be investigated from cross-language and cross-cultural perspectives by bringing together 10 complementary providers of research-training and 12 associated partners from public and private sectors.
ITN LCG has four interrelated research objectives:
- deriving indices for selected European languages that reflect the extent to which the features of a language result in gender related representations in speakers/listeners,
- investigating to what extent gender equality in formal standards of language and the use of gender-fair language correlates with higher levels of socio-economic gender equality,
- analyzing the impact of language on gender stereotyping in social judgment and decision making, and
- developing and evaluating scientifically-based prototypes of guidelines and training tools for gender-fair communication in European languages.
ITN LCG will strengthen the capability of its young fellows to contribute effectively to our knowledge-based economy and society, and will add to their intersectoral and transnational employability.
Start date: 2009-10-01
End date: 2013-09-30
Duration: 48 months
Project Reference: 237907
Project cost: 4.11 million euro
Project Funding: 4.11 million euro
Subprogramme Area: FP7-PEOPLE-ITN-2008 Marie Curie Action: 'Networks for Initial Training'
Contract type: Networks for Initial Training (ITN)
Coordinatore: UNIVERSITAET BERN - SWITZERLAND - SCZESNY, Sabine (Professor)
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI PADOVA - ITALY
- BCBL BASQUE CENTER ON COGNITION BRAIN AND LANGUAGE - SPAIN
- UNIVERSITE DE FRIBOURG - SWITZERLAND
- JIHOCESKA UNIVERZITA V CESKYCH BUDE JOVICICH - CZECH REPUBLIC
- FREIE UNIVERSITAET BERLIN - GERMANY
- RUPRECHT-KARLS-UNIVERSITAET HEIDELBERG. - GERMANY
- NTNU - NORGES TEKNISK-NATURVITENSKAPELIGE UNIVERSITET - NORWAY
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI MODENA E REGGIO EMILIA - ITALY
- UNIVERSITY OF SUSSEX - UNITED KINGDOM
Iscriviti alla newsletter gratuita per ricevere, 1 volta a settimana, news personalizzate negli ambiti di tuo interesse su bandi, eventi, ricerche partner e molto altro in materia di ricerca e innovazione.
In questo modo, avrai anche accesso a MY FIRST, l’area riservata dove potrai trovare salvate le tue ricerche e le news di tuo interesse
|Quadro di finanziamento||
|Area di interesse||