- CORDIS - PROJECTS 12/11/2009
The aim of the ALPINE project it to push forward the research and development of fiber laser systems for scribing of PhotoVoltaic (PV) modules. The project consortium will focus on a new high brilliance, high efficiency and premium beam quality laser based on photonic crystal fibers (PCFs).
The all-around development cycle comprising of the beam source, beam delivery and manipulation, scribing processes, advanced diagnostic and application trials will be demonstrated. The novel laser system will be designed to fit the requirements for scribing innovative and flexible PV modules rather than standard ones based on crystalline silicon wafer. In particular, the two most appealing technological alternatives will be considered, that is CdTe and CIS technology of thin-film solar cells. Validation of the quality process will be assessed.
The project joins together the two exciting challenges of the laser development for advanced industrial processing, on one side, and solar energy exploitation, on the other side. Thus it constitutes a crucial opportunity to continue the innovation of European industries involved in material processing applications by employing laser technology and to consolidate PV manufacturing European position. New promising scientific and technological approaches will be investigated. Thus the consortium expects to stimulate the continuous growth of the market in these strategic fields for European development.
Start date: 2009-09-01
End date: 2012-08-31
Duration: 36 months
Project Reference: 229231
Project cost: 9.12 million euro
Project Funding: 5.9 million euro
Subprogramme Area: NMP-2008-4.0-4 Expanding the limits of advanced materials processing applications through a new generation of high brilliance lasers
Contract type: Large-scale integrating project
Coordinatore: UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI PARMA - ITALY - CASSANO, Marina (Dr)
- WURTH SOLAR GMBH & CO KG - GERMANY
- NEXCIS - FRANCE
- SOLAR SYSTEMS & EQUIPMENT S.R.L. - ITALY
- EOLITE SYSTEMS SA - FRANCE
- BOOKHAM SWITZERLAND AG - SWITZERLAND
- QUANTA SYSTEM SPA - ITALY
- CRYSTAL FIBRE A/S - DENMARK
- MULTITEL ASBL - BELGIUM
- UNIVERZA V LJUBLJANI - SLOVENIA
- LPKF LASER & ELECTRONICS AG - GERMANY
- ELETTROSYSTEM DI TONA PAOLINO, TONA GIUSEPPE E C. S.A.S. - ITALY
- COMMISSION OF THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES - DIRECTORATE GENERAL JOINT RESEARCH CENTRE - JRC - BELGIUM
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI VERONA - ITALY
- ZENTRUM FUER SONNENENERGIE- UND WASSERSTOFF-FORSCHUNG, BADEN-WUERTEMBERG - GERMANY
Iscriviti alla newsletter gratuita per ricevere, 1 volta a settimana, news personalizzate negli ambiti di tuo interesse su bandi, eventi, ricerche partner e molto altro in materia di ricerca e innovazione.
In questo modo, avrai anche accesso a MY FIRST, l’area riservata dove potrai trovare salvate le tue ricerche e le news di tuo interesse
|Quadro di finanziamento||
|Area di interesse||