- CORDIS - PROJECTS 20/07/2010
Merit to their inherent properties of ubiquitous coverage and dependability, Satellite communication (SatCom) solutions by now play a significant role for the delivery of telecommunication services to European citizens and institutions in entertainment, digital divide, private networks, disaster management and security domains.
Emerging SatCom architectures featuring increased capacity and flexibility conform with Future Internet requirements, shall make available disruptive performances and service capabilities. These emerging architectures will contribute to EU policy objectives (European Council resolution 10500/09) for Institutional telecommunication service needs in Security, Transport and Energy and for the Universal Service.
The FISI project aims at supporting:
* the Integral SatCom Initiative (Technology Platform) in defining a strategic vision on research and development priorities to reinforce the competitiveness of the European SatCom industry in the evolving ICT context.
* the upcoming SatCom architectures in response to EU policy objectives;
To achieve this goal, the FISI project will:
* Highlight the added value of emerging SatCom architectures in support of private communication requirements in the Universal Service and Future Internet domains;
* Coordinate the definition of a consistent SatCom R&D and standardization road map for the timely development of emerging SatCom solutions;
* Foster the transition of the ISICOM concept (global SatCom infrastructure to serve institutional telecommunication needs) towards a flagship initiative as long term framework for the development of enabling technologies for emerging SatCom architectures;
* Promote emerging SatCom architectures towards European and international end-users and stakeholders;
* Maintain ISI as key Platform and Support the ISI operations;
The FISI consortium is formed by key actors of ISI, highly involved in its operations.
Start date: 2010-09-01
End date: 2012-08-31
Duration: 24 months
Project Reference: 257118
Project cost: 648473.00 euro
Project Funding: 490000.00 euro
Subprogramme Area: ICT-2009.1.1 The Network of the Future
Contract type: Coordination and support actions
Coordinatore: THALES ALENIA SPACE FRANCE - FRANCE - NOTARI Christiane
- ASTRIUM S.A.S. - FRANCE
- TELESPAZIO SPA - ITALY
- ALMA MATER STUDIORUM-UNIVERSITA DI BOLOGNA - ITALY
- DEUTSCHES ZENTRUM FUER LUFT - UND RAUMFAHRT EV - GERMANY
- ROSE VISION SL. - SPAIN
- SPACE HELLAS S.A. - GREECE
|Quadro di finanziamento||
|Area di interesse||