- CORDIS - PROJECTS 24/08/2010
The objective of this project is to develop the coordination of the research in the economics of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Europe.
ICT have been a major driver of productivity and growth over the last two decades. Today ICT are one of the keys to emerging from the economic crisis and putting countries back on a path to sustainable growth. This project would contribute to achieve these objectives.
Our proposal is to bring together the main research groups into a network which would:
- Enhance our understanding of the economic effects of ICT; and
- Increase the policy relevance of the research in this field.
The project focuses on four areas:
- ICT, Growth and Productivity;
- ICT, R&D and Intangibles;
- ICT-enabled innovation; and
- ICT diffusion to the Economy.
To achieve its objectives, the project would rely on:
- a network of over 30 research institutions with an established research record on the economics of ICT;
- a coordination group composed of 4 leading institutions;
- a series of 8 cross-thematic workshops;
- a series of 4 issues papers and 4 assessment papers;
- an interactive website;
- a final report.
The duration of the project is 2 years.
Start date: 2010-09-01
End date: 2012-08-31
Duration: 24 months
Project Reference: 248809
Project cost: 558390.00 euro
Project Funding: 499314.00 euro
Subprogramme Area: ICT-2009.9.3 General Accompanying Measures
Contract type: Coordination and support actions
Coordinatore: ORGANISATION FOR ECONOMIC CO-OPERATION AND DEVELOPMENT - FRANCE - SPIEZIA Vincenzo
- ZENTRUM FUER EUROPAEISCHE WIRTSCHAFTSFORSCHUNG GMBH - GERMANY
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI PARMA - ITALY
- IMPERIAL COLLEGE OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE - UNITED KINGDOM
|Quadro di finanziamento||
|Area di interesse||