- CORDIS - PROJECTS 26/11/2010
TESIS, 'Towards an Embodied Science of InterSubjectivity', is an integrated ITN programme to investigate the foundations of human sociality. It brings together the complementary expertise of 13 European research institutes, clinical centres and private enterprises that span the biomedical sciences and the humanities. Thus, TESIS provides critical mass in the fields of philosophy, cognitive neuroscience, developmental psychology, psychiatry and societal outreach.
It will advance our understanding of human inter-subjectivity based on the following research and training objectives:
(1) To investigate the neural underpinnings of affective exchange with others, of shared action spaces and joint object relations, endorsing a novel interactive embodied neuroscience;
(2) To investigate the development of social skills in infants in the context of the awareness of others during interaction, yielding an interactive concept of embodied social cognition;
(3) To investigate the inter-subjective factors affecting psychopathologies, especially schizophrenia, autism and somatoform disorders and to draw implications for treatment;
(4) To investigate in toddlers and young children the understanding of toys, objects and cultural artefacts and the links between materiality and sociality;
(5) To investigate cultural interactive patterns and shared practices such as group learning, playing, teamwork, distributed cognition, creating applied knowledge for education, management, and organizational development.
By integrating state of the art and novel approaches to studying interactive situations, TESIS will significantly extend the individualistic and static paradigm still dominant in social cognition research. The major breakthrough to be expected from TESIS is a comprehensive framework for embodied inter-subjectivity applicable in the biomedical sciences, the humanities, and society in general, showing how we become human by embodied interaction with others from the beginning.
Start date: 2011-03-01
End date: 2015-02-28
Duration: 48 months
Project Reference: 264828
Project cost: 4.3 million euro
Project Funding: 4.3 million euro
Subprogramme Area: FP7-PEOPLE-2010-ITN Marie-Curie Action: 'Initial Training Networks'
Contract type: Networks for Initial Training (ITN)
Coordinatore: UNIVERSITAETSKLINIKUM HEIDELBERG - GERMANY - SANDER Kristin
- KLINIKUM RECHTS DER ISAR DER TECHNISCHEN UNIVERSITAT MUNCHEN - GERMANY
- UNIVERSIDAD DEL PAIS VASCO - SPAIN
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI PARMA - ITALY
- THE UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE HIGHER EDUCATION CORPORATION - UNITED KINGDOM
- KØBENHAVNS UNIVERSITET - DENMARK
- AARHUS UNIVERSITET - DENMARK
- UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH HIGHER EDUCATION CORPORATION - UNITED KINGDOM
Iscriviti alla newsletter gratuita per ricevere, 1 volta a settimana, news personalizzate negli ambiti di tuo interesse su bandi, eventi, ricerche partner e molto altro in materia di ricerca e innovazione.
In questo modo, avrai anche accesso a MY FIRST, l’area riservata dove potrai trovare salvate le tue ricerche e le news di tuo interesse
|Quadro di finanziamento||
|Area di interesse||