- CORDIS - PROJECTS 05/09/2011
Dry fermented sausage production comprises an important segment of the European meat industry and market. However, the European meat processing industry is extremely fragmented and characterised by businesses of very small size. Small and medium enterprises play an important role in the food sector, both in economical and social terms. The traditional and farm workshops are often based in rural area where the density of inhabitants is low and, for this reason, the diversification of the production has direct implications for employment and the maintenance of these traditional enterprises has a great economic impact.
The sensory characteristics of food products are essential for consumers and the challenge for consortium SME sausage producers lies in increasing production while minimizing product variability, maintaining flavour and desired texture and assuring product safety. Fermentation and maturation play a pivotal role in the final sausages quality. Maturation requires the precise control of two critical parameters relative humidity and temperature that are crucial for the products final sensory characteristics and safety. The main objective of this project is to design and develop:
- an analytical system that could be incorporated in ripening/drying chambers to provide information on the evolution of the relative water content and distribution in representative sausage samples along the chamber, as well as a local indication of the temperature and relative humidity values near those samples.
- A drying chamber control system which uses the information from the multi-sensor system to readapt the environmental conditions in the chamber for a correct drying process. The proposed DryCheck project will give SMEs a practical tool with which improve the production of quality sausage with a user-friendly albeit advanced technology product at an affordable cost.
Start date: 2011-09-01
End date: 2013-08-31
Duration: 24 months
Project Reference: 262029
Project cost: 1.48 million euro
Project Funding: 1.14 million euro
Subprogramme Area: SME-1 Co-operative Research (all areas of science and technology)
Contract type: Research for SMEs
Coordinatore: CENTRE DE RECERCA I INNOVACIO DE CATALUNYA S.A. - SPAIN - NIETO Albert
- STEVIA KERESKEDELMI ES SZOLGALTATO KORLATOLT FELELOSSEGU TARSASAG - HUNGARY
- PERTEC SRL - ITALY
- SALUMIFICIO GALLI REMO SRL - ITALY
- EMBUTIDOS LUIS GIL SL - SPAIN
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI PARMA - ITALY
- TELEGESIS UK LIMITED - UNITED KINGDOM
- UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE CATALUNYA - SPAIN
- FRAUNHOFER-GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V - GERMANY
Iscriviti alla newsletter gratuita per ricevere, 1 volta a settimana, news personalizzate negli ambiti di tuo interesse su bandi, eventi, ricerche partner e molto altro in materia di ricerca e innovazione.
In questo modo, avrai anche accesso a MY FIRST, l’area riservata dove potrai trovare salvate le tue ricerche e le news di tuo interesse
|Quadro di finanziamento||
|Area di interesse||