- CORDIS - PROJECTS 03/10/2011
CONTAIN will specify and demonstrate a European Shipping Containers Surveillance system which will encompass regulatory, policy and standardisation recommendations, new business models and advanced container security management capabilities.
1. Support transport security stakeholders in managing container security threats as part of an integrated approach to the management of transportation networks;
2. Provide a coherent set of technology options for screening and scanning plus container-integrated sensor, communication and security technologies to monitor container movements and security related parameters in real time;
3. Enable ports to establish upgraded port container security processes and provide information feeds to port community systems and national and European security databases;
4. Provide information gathering, validation, fusion and situation awareness services to establish dependable near real time corridor container traffic maps and their integration into a EU Container Traffic Map for use by organisations and systems established to promote and implement an integrated EU surveillance policy;
5. Assist policy makers at national and EU level to benchmark container security performance and formulate improvement policies.
The project will:
1. Work actively on standardisation activities as a key enabler of cost effective solutions for shipping containers security with the ultimate goal to progress towards a single international shipping containers security standard.
2. Build on outputs from ongoing FP7 projects on security, freight transport and ICT and efforts to establish integration facilities between security agencies such as FRONTEX and EMSA and EU Platforms such as e-Customs and SafeSeaNet.
3. Demonstrate Secure Multimodal Corridor Design and Chain Monitoring & Control across international and European corridors at Interporto Bologna, Rotterdam/Amsterdam and Valencia.
Start date: 2011-10-01
End date: 2015-03-31
Duration: 42 months
Project Reference: 261679
Project cost: 15.6 million euro
Project Funding: 10.04 million euro
Subprogramme Area: SEC-2010.3.2-1 Monitoring and tracking of shipping containers
Contract type: Collaborative project (generic)
Coordinatore: TOTALFORSVARETS FORSKNINGSINSTITUT - SWEDEN - HULTGREN Heléne
- ITALCONTAINER SPA - ITALY
- SELEX ELSAG SPA - ITALY
- CONCEPTIVITY SARL - SWITZERLAND
- NOVACOM SERVICES SA - FRANCE
- THALES RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY (UK) LIMITED - UNITED KINGDOM
- AGENZIA DELLE DOGANE - ITALY
- AUTORIDAD PORTUARIA DE VALENCIA - SPAIN
- THALES ITALIA SPA - ITALY
- TEKNOLOGIAN TUTKIMUSKESKUS VTT - FINLAND
- MJC2 LIMITED - UNITED KINGDOM
- INLECOM SYSTEMS LTD - UNITED KINGDOM
- NAUTICAL ENTERPRISE CENTRE LTD. - IRELAND
- JRC -JOINT RESEARCH CENTRE- EUROPEAN COMMISSION - BELGIUM
- EUROPEAN ORGANISATION FOR SECURITYSCRL - BELGIUM
- MARLO AS - NORWAY
- EBOS TECHNOLOGIES LTD - CYPRUS
- TELESPAZIO SPA - ITALY
- BMT GROUP LIMITED - UNITED KINGDOM
- INTERPORTO BOLOGNA SPA - ITALY
Iscriviti alla newsletter gratuita per ricevere, 1 volta a settimana, news personalizzate negli ambiti di tuo interesse su bandi, eventi, ricerche partner e molto altro in materia di ricerca e innovazione.
In questo modo, avrai anche accesso a MY FIRST, l’area riservata dove potrai trovare salvate le tue ricerche e le news di tuo interesse
|Quadro di finanziamento||
|Area di interesse||