FIDELITY - Fast and trustworthy Identity Delivery and check with ePassports leveraging Traveler privacy
- CORDIS - PROJECTS 01/02/2012
Significant efforts have been invested to strengthen border ID checks with biometrics Travel Documents embedding electronic chips (ePassport). However, problems appeared regarding fraud in the ePassport issuing process, citizen losing control on their personal data, difficulties in certificates management, and shortcomings in convenience, speed, and efficiency of ID checks, including the access to various remote data bases.
FIDELITY is a multi-disciplinary initiative which will analyse shortcomings and vulnerabilities in the whole ePassports life cycle and develop technical solutions and recommendations to overcome them. FIDELITY will demonstrate privacy enhanced solutions to:
- Secure issuing processes: authentication of documents, preventing impersonation fraud;
- Improve ePassport security and usability: authentication processes, ID check speed, accuracy of biometrics, management of certificates, access to remote data bases, convenience of biometric sensors and inspection device;
- Better manage lost and stolen passport;
- Strengthen privacy: privacy-by-design applied to all phases of the ePassport life cycle, systematic anomysation of data and separation of data streams, using novel privacy-enhancing-technologie.
FIDELITY will strengthen trust and confidence of stakeholders and citizens in ePassports, provide more reliable ID checks, hence hinder criminal movements, and ease implementation of E/E records providing better analysis of migration flows.
FIDELITY solutions will be designed for backwards compatibility to be deployed progressively in the existing infrastructure. The FIDELITY consortium is composed of market-leading companies, innovative SME, renowned academia, ethical-sociological-legal experts, and end-users, which will help to define requirements and recommendations and assess results. They will, with the other partners actively promote the project results towards stakeholders and international working groups that elaborate future ePassport standards.
Start date: 2012-02-01
End date: 2016-01-31
Duration: 48 months
Project Reference: 284862
Project cost: 18.2 million euro
Project Funding: 12.01 million euro
Subprogramme Area: SEC-2011.3.4-1 Security of biometric data and travel documents â€“ Integration Project
Contract type: Large-scale integrating project
Coordinatore: - MORPHO - Sandra CANTON
- BUNDESDRUCKEREI GMBH - GERMANY
- KXEN SAS - FRANCE
- THALES COMMUNICATIONS & SECURITY SA - FRANCE
- FRAUNHOFER-GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V - GERMANY
- MINISTERE DE L'INTERIEUR - FRANCE
- MINISTERO DELL'INTERNO - ITALY
- SELEX ELSAG SPA - ITALY
- BIOMETRIKA SRL - ITALY
- HOCHSCHULE DARMSTADT (UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES H-DA) - GERMANY
- HOGSKOLEN I GJOVIK - NORWAY
- BUNDESKRIMINALAMT - GERMANY
- ALMA MATER STUDIORUM-UNIVERSITA DI BOLOGNA - ITALY
- ARTTIC - FRANCE
- INSTITUTE OF BALTIC STUDIES - ESTONIA
- TOTALFORSVARETS FORSKNINGSINSTITUT - SWEDEN
- LINKOPINGS UNIVERSITET - SWEDEN
- KATHOLIEKE UNIVERSITEIT LEUVEN - BELGIUM
Iscriviti alla newsletter gratuita per ricevere, 1 volta a settimana, news personalizzate negli ambiti di tuo interesse su bandi, eventi, ricerche partner e molto altro in materia di ricerca e innovazione.
In questo modo, avrai anche accesso a MY FIRST, l’area riservata dove potrai trovare salvate le tue ricerche e le news di tuo interesse
|Quadro di finanziamento||
|Area di interesse||