- CORDIS - PROJECTS 01/03/2012
The main goal of Sanowork project is to identify a safe occupational exposure scenario by exposure assessment in real conditions and at all stages of nano-materials (NM) production, use and disposal.
In order to address this and more specifically the issues introduced by NMP.2011.1.3-2 call, we intend to:
1. Contain hazard and worker exposure potential by developing exposure mitigation strategy based on Prevention through Design approach.
2. Implement a rigorous exposure assessment in the workplace in order to evaluate the effectiveness of existing and proposed exposure reduction strategies.
3. Perform risk analysis off line and on site in order to identify substance product properties and operational condition that ensure a safer worker exposure scenario.
4. Assess COST/ EFFICIENCY of the proposed strategies on the basis of risk analysis results, materials/properties efficiency, risk transfer to insurance underwriter community.
The Sanowork proposed risk remediation strategy will be applied to nano-material properties. The following representative pool of NM and nano-products have been selected:
TiO2 and Ag (ceramic or textile photocatalytic/antibacterial surfaces);
CNTs (polymeric nano-composites); organic/inorganic nano-fibers (nano-structured membranes for water depuration system).
The strategy is addressed to mitigate risk by decreasing adverse health hazard and emission potential of nano-materials, setting back processes of transport to the point of entry.
A sound balance between exposure and health hazards data, before and after the introduction of existing and proposed risk remediation strategies, will allow to evaluate the effectiveness of existing and proposed exposure reduction strategies. The cooperation with industrial key partners such as Plasmachem, Elmarco, GEA Niro, Colorobbia, Bayer will guarantee an accurate exposure assessment in the workplace.
Start date: 2012-03-01
End date: 2015-02-28
Duration: 36 months
Project Reference: 280716
Project cost: 4.79 million euro
Project Funding: 3.41 million euro
Subprogramme Area: NMP.2011.1.3-2 Worker protection and exposure risk management strategies for nanomaterial production, use and disposal
Contract type: Small or medium-scale focused research project
Coordinatore: - CONSIGLIO NAZIONALE DELLE RICERCHE - Anna Luisa COSTA
- GEA PROCESS ENGINEERING AS - DENMARK
- PLASMACHEM PRODUKTIONS- UND HANDEL GMBH - GERMANY
- ISTITUTO NAZIONALE ASSICURAZIONE INFORTUNI SUL LAVORO INAIL - ITALY
- ELMARCO SRO - CZECH REPUBLIC
- COLOROBBIA ITALIA SPA - ITALY
- BAYER TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GMBH - GERMANY
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI PARMA - ITALY
- ACONDICIONAMIENTO TARRASENSE ASSOCIACION - SPAIN
- UNIVERSITA DI PISA - ITALY
- INSTITUT NATIONAL DE L ENVIRONNEMENT ET DES RISQUES INERIS - FRANCE
- INSTITUTE OF OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE - UNITED KINGDOM
- UNIVERSITY OF LIMERICK - IRELAND
Iscriviti alla newsletter gratuita per ricevere, 1 volta a settimana, news personalizzate negli ambiti di tuo interesse su bandi, eventi, ricerche partner e molto altro in materia di ricerca e innovazione.
In questo modo, avrai anche accesso a MY FIRST, l’area riservata dove potrai trovare salvate le tue ricerche e le news di tuo interesse
|Quadro di finanziamento||
|Area di interesse||