- CORDIS - PROJECTS 07/01/2008
In order to realise the vision of Ambient Intelligence in a future network and service environment, heterogeneous wireless sensor and actuator networks (WS&AN) have to be integrated into a common framework of global scale and made available to services and applications via universal service interfaces. SENSEI creates an open, business driven architecture that fundamentally addresses the scalability problems for a large number of globally distributed WS&A devices. It provides necessary network and information management services to enable reliable and accurate context information retrieval and interaction with the physical environment. By adding mechanisms for accounting, security, privacy and trust it enables an open and secure market space for context-awareness and real world interaction.
Tangible results of the SENSEI project are:
- A highly scalable architectural framework with corresponding protocol solutions that enable easy plug and play integration of a large number of globally distributed WS&AN into a global system -providing support for network and information management, security, privacy and trust and accounting.
- An open service interface and corresponding semantic specification to unify the access to context information and actuation services offered by the system for services and applications.
- Efficient WS&AN island solutions consisting of a set of cross-optimised and energy aware protocol stacks including an ultra low power multi-mode transceiver targeting 5nJ/bit.
- Pan European test platform, enabling large scale experimental evaluation of the SENSEI results and execution of field trials - providing a tool for long term evaluation of WS&AN integration into the Future Internet.
Technology developed by SENSEI will play an essential part in transforming the existing Internet, Mobile Networks and Service Infrastructures into a Network of the Future that is capable to deal with the challenging demands of a Future Networked Society.
Start date: 2008-01-01
End date: 2010-12-31
Duration: 36 months
Project Reference: 215923
Project cost: 23643863 EURO
Project Funding: 14977717 EURO
Subprogramme Area: The network of the future
Contract type: Collaborative project (generic)
Coordinatore: COMMISSARIAT A L'ENERGIE ATOMIQUE - PARIS CEDEX 15 - FRANCE - Hatem, Olivier
- ERICSSON AB - STOCKHOLM - SVERIGE
- NEC EUROPE LTD - LONDON - UNITED KINGDOM
- UNIVERSITATEA POLITEHNICA DIN BUCURESTI - BUCURESTI SECTORUL 6 - ROMANIA
- TELEFONICA INVESTIGACION Y DESARROLLO SA UNIPERSONAL - MADRID - ESPAÑA
- ALMA CONSULTING GROUP SAS - HOULBEC COCHEREL - FRANCE
- THE UNIVERSITY OF SURREY - GUILDFORD - UNITED KINGDOM
- UNIVERSITE PIERRE MENDES FRANCE - SAINT-MARTIN-D'HERES - FRANCE
- UNIVERSITEIT TWENTE - ENSCHEDE - NEDERLAND
- THALES RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY (UK) LIMITED - ADDLESTON, WEYBRIDGE, SURREY - UNITED KINGDOM
- SAP AG - WALLDORF - DEUTSCHLAND
- SENSINODE OY - OULU - SUOMI/FINLAND
- OVE ARUP & PARTNERS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED - LONDON - UNITED KINGDOM
- OULUN YLIOPISTO - OULU - SUOMI/FINLAND
- AMBIENT SYSTEMS B.V. - ENSCHEDE - NEDERLAND
- IBM RESEARCH GMBH - RUESCHLIKON - SCHWEIZ/SUISSE/SVIZZERA
- CONSORZIO FERRARA RICERCHE - FERRARA - ITALIA
- L.M. ERICSSON LIMITED - DUBLIN 4 - ÉIRE/IRELAND
- NOKIA OYJ - ESPOO - SUOMI/FINLAND
|Quadro di finanziamento||
|Area di interesse||