- CORDIS - PROJECTS 02/10/2008
As remarked in very recent studies of the Federal Reserve, a financial infrastructure is an unmanaged large scale networked system of interconnected financial markets and banking systems by which domestic and international financial institutions allocate capital and manage their risk exposures. The 9/11 attack and European and North American black-outs over the past decade have emphasized vulnerability of this infrastructure to wide-scale disruptions and highlighted inter-dependencies between the financial infrastructure and other critical ones (notably the power grid, telecommunication infrastructure and the Internet).
The main purpose of the CoMiFin STREP is strategically targeting improvements of the EU technological and institutional pace in addressing financial infrastructure protection (FIP).
Specifically, CoMIFin aims to provide "an infrastructure level monitoring, notification and mitigation" middleware as an essential element of FIP. CoMiFin aims at supporting business continuity of a financial actor on top of an unmanaged network of managed financial infrastructures under all foreseeable failure scenarios including the operational failures and deliberate breaches. To ensure that the technology developed by CoMiFin fits well into the overall holistic approach behind FIP, we will leverage the expertise of both: prominent user partners present in the consortium and Financial User Advisory Board members alongside the technological partners.
Start date: 2008-09-01
End date: 2011-02-28
Duration: 30 months
Project cost: 3571385 EURO
Project Funding: 2350000 EURO
Subprogramme Area: Critical infrastructure protection
Coordinatore: ELSAG DATAMAT S.P.A. - DI MEO, GIOVANNI - GENOVA - ITALIA
- IBM ISRAEL - SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY LTD - PETACH TIKVA - ISRAEL
- OPTXWARE KUTATAS-FEJLESZTESI KFT - BUDAPEST - MAGYARORSZAG
- FINANSDEPARTEMENTET - OSLO - NORGE
- WATERFORD INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY - WATERFORD - ÉIRE/IRELAND
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET DARMSTADT - DARMSTADT - DEUTSCHLAND
- CONSORZIO INTERUNIVERSITARIO NAZIONALE PER L'INFORMATICA - ROMA - ITALIA
- MINISTERO DELL'ECONOMIA E DELLE FINANZE - ROMA - ITALIA
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI MODENA E REGGIO EMILIA - MODENA -ITALIA
|Quadro di finanziamento||
|Area di interesse||