- CORDIS - PROJECTS 12/04/2010
The eCoMove project will create an integrated solution for road transport energy efficiency by developing systems and tools to help drivers sustainably eliminate unnecessary fuel consumption (and thus CO2 emissions), and to help road operators manage traffic in the most energy-efficient way. By applying this combination of cooperative systems using vehicle-infrastructure communication, the project aims to reduce fuel consumption by 20% overall. This target can be achieved by:
-Saving unnecessary kilometers driven (optimising routes)
-Helping driver to save fuel (optimising driver behaviour)
-Managing traffic more efficiently (optimising network management)
The eCoMove concept rests on the idea that, for a given trip by a particular driver in a particular vehicle, there is some least possible fuel consumption that could be achieved by the perfect eco-driver travelling through the perfectly eco-managed road network. In reality, both drivers and traffic management systems fall short of this ideal, and much fuel is wasted and CO2 emitted unnecessarily.
The eCoMove innovations will target the two sources of this avoidable fuel consumption: private trips and freight/logistics trips. This integrated project (IP) will structure into six different sub-projects:
1. Coordination and Management.
2. Core Technology Integration both to develop common core technologies and to ensure strong technical coordination across the IP.
3. ecoSmartdriving to develop solutions for eco-driving support for car drivers.
4. ecoFreight & Logistices, for both eco-driving support for trucks and eco-freight and logistics management.
5. ecoTrafficManagement & Control to develop applications for cooperative eco-traffic network management.
6. Validation & Evaluationto validate the performance and effectiveness of all applications in a number of urban, non-urban and motorway environments.
Key objectives of eCoMove innovation are to develop and validate the following applications: ecoSmartDriving to improve driver eco-performances, including: ecoTripPlanning, on trip dynamic green routing, ecoDriving support, ecoPostTrip and ecoMonitoring; ecoDriver Coaching System and in-vehicle Truck eCoNavigation for good vehicle drivers cooperative ecoFleet Planning and Routing for environmental sound ecoFreight & Logistics ecoAdaptive Balancing & Control system as well as cooperative Fuel-efficient Motorway system as means for ecoTrafficManagement & Control.
These important eCoMove innovations are enabled by the use of cooperative information exchange, such as vehicle fuel consumption data & route destination by the traffic system, the traffic lights phase data, speed and route recommendations by the vehicle.
Start date: 2010-04-01
End date: 2013-03-31
Duration: 36 months
Project Reference: 247908
Project cost: 22.68 million euro
Project Funding: 13.7 million euro
Subprogramme Area: ICT-2009.6.1 ICT for Safety and Energy Efficiency in Mobility
Contract type: Collaborative project (generic)
Coordinatore: EUROPEAN ROAD TRANSPORT TELEMATICS IMPLEMENTATION COORDINATION ORGANISATION S.C.R.L. - BELGIUM - GORTEMAN Didier
- DAF TRUCKS NV - NETHERLANDS
- LOGICA NEDERLAND B.V. - NETHERLANDS
- PEEK TRAFFIC B.V. - NETHERLANDS
- VIALIS TRAFFIC BV - NETHERLANDS
- TELE ATLAS B.V. - NETHERLANDS
- FUNDACIO PRIVADA RACC - SPAIN
- GOGREEN TRAFIK & MILJO AB - SWEDEN
- FUNDACION ROBOTIKER - SPAIN
- MAGNETI MARELLI S.P.A. - ITALY
- COBRA AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES SPA - ITALY
- META SYSTEM S.P.A - ITALY
- TELECOM ITALIA S.P.A - ITALY
- PTV PLANUNG TRANSPORT VERKEHR AG. - GERMANY
- CONTINENTAL AUTOMOTIVE GMBH - GERMANY
- MATHIAS PAUL EWALD - GERMANY
- FORD FORSCHUNGSZENTRUM AACHEN GMBH - GERMANY
- BMW FORSCHUNG UND TECHNIK GMBH - GERMANY
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET MUENCHEN - GERMANY
- ROBERT BOSCH GMBH - GERMANY
- DEUTSCHES ZENTRUM FUER LUFT - UND RAUMFAHRT EV - GERMANY
- FUNDACION PARA LA PROMOCION DE LA INNOVACION, INVESTIGACION Y DESARROLLO TECNOLOGICO EN LA INDUSTRIA DE AUTOMOCION DE GALICIA - SPAIN
- RHEINISCH-WESTFAELISCHE TECHNISCHE HOCHSCHULE AACHEN - GERMANY
- TECHNOLUTION B.V. - NETHERLANDS
- NEC EUROPE LTD - VOLVO TECHNOLOGY AB
- SWEDEN - AVL LIST GMBH
- AUSTRIA - NEDERLANDSE ORGANISATIE VOOR TOEGEPAST NATUURWETENSCHAPPELIJK ONDERZOEK - TNO
- NETHERLANDS - CENTRO RICERCHE FIAT SCPA
- ITALY - ASSOCIATION PROFESSIONNELLE DES SOCIETES FRANCAISES CONCESSIONNAIRES OU EXPLOITANTES D'AUTOROUTES OU D'OUVRAGES ROUTIERS
- FRANCE - Q-FREE ASA
- NORWAY - NAVTEQ B.V.
- NETHERLANDS - NETHERLANDS
|Quadro di finanziamento||
|Area di interesse||